Recruitment and selection process means to hire a particular candidate for a specific job whether it can be temporary or a permanent one in an organization.
Mainly recruitments are done by the Human Resource Department, who are trained and qualified only for recruiting and selecting the right candidate for the designated one.
There can be several processes of recruiting a particular candidate for a particular job profile.
The points can be summarised as:-
- Analysing the job profile- The particular job must need to analyse first as per to check the company’s requirements and the need.
- To source the candidates- It is one of the important process on the selection of the candidates as without sourcing the right candidate for the particular job won’t be find easily. It can be done by the advertising or promotions by the company’s vacancies.
- Screening of the candidates-It can be considered as another important point on selecting the right desired candidate as it can be seen as many candidates are suitable for a particular job academically but fails to manage the allotted work.So to check the potential of the candidate few online testing are used to select the candidate using psychometric tools as well.
- According to William Almonte, the expert recruiter, Now a days companies engage some third party organizations to select the right candidate as per to the companies job profile.
Some of the Latest Trends
Few new trends are introduced by the companies on the basis of the Evolution of Social Mediafor selecting and recruiting the candidate for a desired job profile. Outsourcing recruitment is another new trend of recruitment industry. According to William Almonte, outsourcing recruitment training has some special privileges, like better method of training module designing, a specific implementation.
The points are summarized below:
- In the world of social media, the candidates are checked through those and the desire ones are selected for the right designated job profile.
- Sourcing,now a days have evolved greatly so when a company decides to recruit,they select the candidate as per to the social media sourcing.Social media like Facebook,Twitter,LinkedIn helps the company and the candidate as well to a great extent.
- Another most important part of recruiting a candidate is to analyzing him/her according to the job profile. The candidates are asked to perform according to the job profile they applied for. If they can perform well they can be on the verge of getting the particular job.
- Unlike previous recruitment process, now a days company are fading away the traineeships or the period if training. Training periods hampers the time and the investment of the companies on the particular candidate.Candidates are selected;they are hired and given a particular work to conduct,if the fails repeatedly they are asked to leave their positions so that the company can hire again someone with much of efficiency.
The online psychometric tests are also getting involved more to check the candidates suitability.The psychometric tests shows the candidates present state of mind and whether he/she is appropriate for the job or not.
William Almonte | William Almonte Mahwah, NJ, 22 – Push – Ups Challenge – Mahwah, NJ Patch